Always FREE delivery
Huge product selection. You can contact us if you need certain product
Suspension for injection:
(sf acetate): 44.57 mg
Sodium methyl parahydroxybenzoate
: 1.3 mg
Sodium propyl parahydroxybenzoate
: 0.14 mg
Excipients qsp: 1 ml
Medroxyprogesterone acetate is a synthetic progestogen. Its contraceptive effect would result from alterations in the concentrations of GnRH and the gonadotropins FSH and LH induced by an inhibitory action of progestagen at the hypothalamic-pituitary-ovarian level, from the alteration of oocyte transport and fertilization linked to a disturbance of contractions tubes, and the modification of the uterine environment leading to an alteration of the implantation.
It exhibits non-selective affinity for progesterone receptors found in sex steroid hormone target organs, such as the ovary, uterus, and udder. It has no androgenic or estrogenic effect.
It is metabolized in the liver and is eliminated mainly via the faeces, a small amount is excreted in the urine.
In bitches and cats: prevention of estrus.
Administration and dosage
– Bitches: 1 to 1.5 ml per animal (=50 to 75 mg of medroxyprogesterone acetate).
In small bitches: 0.5 ml per animal.
– Cats: 1 ml per animal (=50 mg of medroxyprogesterone acetate).
Schedule of administration:
Prevention of heat: 1 injection 15 to 21 days before the presumed date of the next heat.
Permanent suppression of heat:
– Bitches: 1 injection to be renewed every 6 months.
– Cats: 1 injection to be repeated every 4 to 6 months.
Shake well before use.
Do not administer in the following cases:
– period of pre-estrus, estrus or metestrus,
– prepubescent and breeding animals,
– mammary tumours,
– pregnant animals,
– uterine infections,
– other gynecological conditions.
Continuous treatment is not advised in greyhounds.
After single or repeated administration of the product, affections of the genital system (hypertrophy, pyometra and uterine tumours) as well as affections of the udder (hypertrophy, mammary tumours) have been noted.
Cases of diabetes and behavioral changes (polyphagia, aggression, or apathy) have also been reported.
Precautions for use
Precautions for use and warnings for the target species:
– It is essential to apply the treatment during the 2nd part of the period of anestrus (approximately 3 months after oestrus).
– Perform the injection preferably in an inconspicuous place (a discoloration of the hair at the SC injection site can be observed).
– Restoration of the estrous cycle: if the injections are not continued regularly according to the recommended schedule, animals treated long term with the product return to a normal estrous cycle. The interval between the last injection and the first reappearance of estrus varies according to the animal. It is usually 6 months (but can reach 2 years and more). Inform the owner of the
– If a new period of anestrus is desired, resume treatment.
– To ensure the best productivity, the bitches will not be impregnated before the 2nd heat period following the treatment.
– Do not administer intravenously.
Precautions in case of pregnancy or lactation:
Do not administer to pregnant females.
The combination with corticosteroids can aggravate existing diabetes.
Do not administer in conjunction with insulin therapy.
Precautions for the user:
In case of accidental self-injection, seek medical advice immediately and show the package leaflet or the label to the doctor.